Ad Interim Management
mandates completed include
(the following selected samples of differing profiles):
- Country Manager and Representative of the Swiss Operations
of a Luxembourg Risk and Reinsurance Services Firm [ongoing]
- Line Management as Head of the Business Development Department
of the Investment Banking Division PMI (Portfolio Management and Investments) of
a German bank (EUR 205 billion assets 4,600 employees with locations in Europe, U.S., Asia/Pacific)
Scope and responsibilities included:
- Line Management (incl. P&L, Human Resources and Professional Standard/QC management) ,of 30 professionals in business unit Business Development – comprising Business Control & Reporting, Business Coordination & IT and Business Strategy & Communication.
- Supervising the Financial and Management Reporting/Controlling for the Competence Center PMI
and the building of management tools (e.g.: performance indicators and monitoring/control measures) for Division Management. Responsibility for overall divisional operations functions:
- Organizatisdon/coordination of IT-systems, Data Management, Process Management,
- Organizational issues, New Products/New Markets,
- Communication & Marketing/PR for PMI and Financial Markets Division,
- Coordination/Organization of Human Resources issues.
- Responsibility for Research and Development: Competence Center development including recognizing,
prioritizing, developing and implementing new strategy impulses and directions; e.g. at the occasion of the initiation, coordination/moderation of strategy and/or planning projects/cycles.
- Coordination of the Strategic Capital/Asset Allocation for PMI with external Financial Market Advisory team.
- Representation duties: Representing divisional interests on behalf of the Global Head PMI in all key overall-bank Committees/Commissions (e.g. Project Commission and Steering Committees).
- The subsequent retainer contract with HSHN-Securities S.A., Luxembourg, comprised the provision of Advisory Services related to the further development of and implementation support for the global CFO and COO functions (covering PMI and Securities, including IT/operations strategy).
- Support to and/or deputy function as Head Corporate Finance and Treasury of an international Consumer Services Company
Scope included: The handling of tasks and transactions related to the closing of the company’s sale and transfer of ownership from the Swiss Owner Group to the two new shareholders, and performing daily Liquidity Management tasks and management of monitoring responsibilities of the Group Treasury function, as well as addressing urgent Corporate Finance matters. The handling of post-closing work (including partial review of credit line arrangements, and establishment of the control matrix for compliance with covenants/reporting requirements related to financing by the banking syndicate). Advise on and support of development of a Treasury and Risk Policy and Operations Manual as well as ad hoc staff training on key financial management topics.